StatCounter

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Beer Gut tribe 2,010 list for the Capital City Carnage Fundraiser.



Oi! My first tournament of 2,010 is coming up this Sunday - a 2,010 point fundraiser event for the Austin IGT known as Capital City Carnage. Sadly I won't be able to participate in the actual CCC tournament (May 1st and 2nd) so this smaller event is as close as I will get this year.

I'll be taking my Ogre Kingdoms as I don't have my Vampire Counts fully painted nor do I feel fully confident in my abilities as a VC general yet. Anyhow, here is the list:
LORDS: (321)
Tyrant – Cathayan Longsword, Heavy Armor, Luck Gnoblar, Sword Gnoblar x 2, Beastkiller, Wyrdstone Necklace, Greedy Fist, Greyback Pelt (321)

HEROES: (579)
Bruiser – BSB, Heavy Armor, Luck Gnoblar, Sword Gnoblars x 2, Gnoblar Thiefstone x 2, Sword of Might (224)
Butcher – Bangstick, Dispel Scroll (180)
Butcher – Skullmantle, Dispel Scroll (175)

CORE: (525)
Bulls x 3 – Bellower (115)
Ironguts x 3 – Bellower (154)
Ironguts x 4 – Bellower (202)
Gnoblar Trappers x 9 (54)

SPECIAL: (405)
Scraplauncher (165)
Leadbelchers x 2 – Champion (120)
Leadbelchers x 2 – Champion (120)

RARE: (180)
Maneaters x 2 – Heavy Armor, Great Weapons (180)

Total Points: 2,010 (of 2,010)
The now "classic" Tyrant build for smashing characters and monster will be joined in the Maneater unit with the Bruiser BSB and possibly also the Skullmantle Butcher. The Bangstick Butcher will join the unit of 3 Ironguts with the other Ironguts and Bulls supporting the flanks of the Maneater unit.

The rest of my army is made up of diversions/support with a Scraplauncher and two units of Leadbelchers for dealing with Fast Cav and Flying units.

Pretty straight forward stuff. Not a lot of Ogres on the table but with any luck I will have my Gut Magic buffs up and running on them to keep them alive.

Previously I was toying with a Brahmir Statue/Skullmantle list for the -4 to Leadership tests against Chaos and Skaven forces but I dropped that at the last minute. I would rather rely on my abilities as a general and not some cheesy -4 to Panic/Terror tests to win me games. Also there is a ton of ItP/Frenzy/MoS troops out there that simply wouldn't care (and knowing my luck I would play nothing but Elves for the duration of the event).

2 comments:

Boss Salvage said...

Good luck in the tournament! Dig that point value too ;)

On the list, it actually looks fairly core-light for your lists, but I guess I mostly remember 2250 lists from you. Do you usually max your characters for ogres? I've been re-retooling my 2k ogres recently, and feeling bad about taking 800+ points in characters ... They are significantly tougher than the little dudes, but then in my list #4 is a hunter, which I'm still pretty sure is a toy unit in the end and can be done without :P

I'm thinking about taking the plunge and giving a scrappy a try, especially with where 8th edition is headed with templates. For yours, did you actually use the GW model? I know it's a beast to put together, and I actually don't like the finished model much, so might go shopping for some Privateer Press alternative, like about 1/3 of my army at this point.

But right, good luck out there!

- Salvage

Randroid said...

The list is a little light on troops but I don't mind playing that way - I am used to it.

Also I don't have a ton of Ogre models so I have to make do with what I own.

I love the Scraplauncher but the model is horrendous to put together. Maybe I should make a post about the thing ...