Wow. Chaos has been a word for my life... since the Chaos Cup. One of these days things will settle down enough for me to relax and enjoy some hobby time. Until then, I suggest you read Tristan's excellent coverage of his Chaos Cup games and experience because my rundown won't be anywhere near as detailed. In fact... here it is:
- Driving to Chicago. Feeling sick. Urgh.
- Got to Chicago. Drinking beer, winning a big game of Red Dragon Inn, not sleeping very much.
- Wake up to find myself blessed by Papa Nurgle. Bathroom hilarity noises ensue.
- Got to the bunker. Got the new Ogre Kingdoms army book.
- First match of the day against Amazons. Quickly scored upon after receiving the kick, manage to drive it back down the field on the return kick, crazy shit happens and my ball carrier gets knocked over. Can't manage a second half return score but keep the Amazons at bay. Lose the game 0-1 with 6 turns left on the board.
- Second match of the day is against Wood Elves. Slap a few woodies down and keep them from scoring. Come back, kill a treeman, smash some elves, and score. Win the game 1-0 with no turns left.
- Third match of the day is against Chaos Dwarfs and fellow KUBBL coach Beaux. Crazy back and forth match, dodging with Rotters, Nurgle Warriors flying off the pitch, manage to keep things even stevens but fail several attempts to take the win at the end. Tied this game 1-1 with no turns left.
- Fourth match of the day is against Dwarfs. Lots of Dwarfs and Nurgle Warriors laying on their butts but nobody breaks armor. Manage to take out a few but crazy Dwarf dodges keep the Germs from scoring. Lose the game 0-1 with 6 turns left on the board.
- Drinking and bullshiting at the Brick House with Chance and Drew B. of 3DB and some nice folks from out West. Good fun.
- Don't manage to sleep much with all the loud screaming going on outside my hotel room all night.
- Wake up and finish the Skavenger Hunt then get to the venue late.
- Fifth match is against Undead (Drew B. from 3DB/etc). Dice go south quick and the Undead smash their way to a solid win. Lose the game 0-1 with no turns left.
- Sixth match is a low table scrub-off against Halflings. Manage to have one of the most fun games of the tournament, fail several times to take the win, succeed several times in keeping the Halfings from winning, and end the game in a Tie. 1-1 with no turns left.
- Drive home tired in the rain. Make it back and pass out for days.
So there it is. The quick and dirty version. Didn't win anything with the exception of the Skavenger Hunt prize which my league mates and I took home. I like BB events but this two-day one was rough on me. I could bitch about the two games I lost due to my opponent playing slow but that wouldn't serve much purpose and it's likely I would have only lost the game or tied it up. Still a lot of fun and I am looking forward to next year's event.
In other news... got home and started working on my Warriors of Chaos WHFB models. First up was this big boy:
I really like this model and I hope I manage to paint it in a way that does it justice! Going to be a challenge for sure. I'm still toying with my paint scheme but I did complete one test mini for what the Warriors in the force might look like. This one is a unit champion perhaps?
I am happy with these initial results but skeptical on spending this amount of time on 30-40 models. I plan on adding some fresh blood spatter to the shield and the base isn't complete but you get the idea. Thoughts?
Still plodding along with my Dunger Chaos Dwarfs in the new KUBBL season. Lost my last game 0-1 against Dwarfs after coach Beaux pulled out some super dodge manuevers, didn't roll any 1's, and pushed my ball carriers down twice as they attempted to run into the end zone. Not a great game for the Chaos Dwarfs and next up is the leagues only Slann team. We'll see how that fares... in the meantime here are a few more pics of the team:
My "bull centaurs"
Four of the "chaos dwarf blockers"
The other four "chaos dwarf blockers"