StatCounter

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Beer Review - Meantime Coffee Porter.

New Brew Thursday continues! Sorry I missed last week... things have been hectic with home buying. Still working out of the archives here with this import.



Meantime Brewing Company - Coffee Porter
Beer Type: English Porter

Appearance: Nicely shaped 11.2 oz brown bottle with a classy label. Makes me think of steampunk for some reason. Beer pours a dark brown-amber that appears a bit hazy?     

Smell: No shock here, first up is the roasted malt, brewed coffee, and a sweet molasses smell.      

First Drink: Not sweet at all! First up is a bitter flavor from the malt (odd) that is a bit bright tasting? Kinda watery but the coffee comes through in the finish. 

Mouthfeel: Seems too thin for what I would normally consider a porter but still comes across as medium-bodied if that makes any sense at all? A bit highly carbonated?  

Last Drink: More sweetness and coffee coming though now. Seems balanced though I am not sure I like it.       

Drinkability:
A nice sipping beer though pretty pricey here in the US. I think this one bottle was something like $4.00.       

Notes: Not as sweet or as heavy as I would have liked but the coffee flavor is nice and robust.     

Verdict: 3.25 out of 5. Not my favorite coffee brew but it's always good to try something new! 
     

No comments: