StatCounter

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Beer Review - Goose Island Night Stalker Imperial Stout.


Goose Island Beer Co. - Night Stalker Imperial Stout

Beer Type: American Double/Imperial Stout

Appearance: Big ol' black labeled bottle full of dark black beer. This beer poured a solid black. Very dark! Nice lace head that hangs around.    

Smell: No booze in the nose for this 11.7% brew, plenty of dark malt and a bit of piney hops come out.      

First Drink: Gonna sound odd but I get some Indian food flavor first? Dark complex spicy flavors? Again, no booze coming through which is great and a bit concerning.  

Mouthfeel: Smooth like silk and a bit warming (happy).

Last Drink: Coffee and cocoa comes out more now as well as some of the booze in a sort of bourbon way?       

Drinkability: This is a big beer with a lot going on. Good but you can't pound things like this. Sippy cups all the way.        

Notes: I believe this is an annual brew. My bottle was done 11/19/12 so it hadn't aged much but the time I had it in December.      

Verdict: 4.25 out of 5. Hits a lot of the right notes but there is something I can't describe which holds this back a little for me.  

No comments: