StatCounter

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

'Ard Boyz: Scenarios are out - Beer Gut Tribe army list in the works.



The preliminary 'Ard Boyz scenarios are now available via the Games Workshop website. They are pretty basic, no real shockers there for me personally. I don't know that I care for the second scenario which gives the advantage to Immune to Pyschology troops (as if Daemons of Chaos or Vampire Counts needed any help). As an Ogre player I like the focus of the other two scenarios; free Stubborn on my BSB's unit, and a focus on killing my opponent's Army General? Awesome.

I haven't written it in blood (or stone) yet, but here is my current list for 'Ard Boyz:
LORDS: (721)
Skrag the Slaughterer (400)
Tyrant – Heavy Armor, CLS, Luck Gnoblar, Sword Gnoblar x 2, Beastkiller, Wyrdstone Necklace, Greedy Fist, Greyback Pelt (321)

Skrag rides near some Leadies/Bulls for screening and charge redirection. Tyrant lives in a unit with the BSB, Siege/Skull Butcher and the Maneaters. He is my Large Target killing machine, and magic weapon eating buddy.

HEROES: (589)
Bruiser – BSB, Lookout Gnoblar, Heavy Armor, Sword Gnoblar x 2, Luck Gnoblar, Tenderiser (229)
Butcher – Siegebreaker, Skullmantle (180)
Butcher – Bangstick, Dispel Scroll (180)

BSB and Siege/Skull go in the Maneaters, Bangstick Butcher probably in with the Ironguts. 1 Scroll and 6 DD should get me through the worst (I hope) until I can get into CC.

CORE: (610)
Bulls x 3 – Bellower, AHW, Champion (147)
Bulls x 3 – Bellower, AHW, Champion (147)
Ironguts x 3 – Bellower, Champion (174)
Gnoblar Trappers x 10 (60)
Gnoblar Fighters x 20 – Groinbiter (42)
Gnoblar Fighters x 20 (40)

Fighters will sit on table quarters or take objectives as needed, Bulls are bait/flankers, and the Ironguts will go 40mm/Knight hunting as needed.

SPECIAL: (725)
Gorger (75)
Gorger (75)
Gorger (75)
Gorger (75)
Scraplauncher (165)
Leadbelchers x 2 – Bellower. Champion (130)
Leadbelchers x 2 – Bellower. Champion (130)

Can't have a Skrag list w/o some Gorger love! Leadies are there for flyers/fast cav and flank support/bait. The Scraplauncher is just another hassle for my opponents to have to deal with and can be used in CC to break ranks if needed.

RARE: (355)
Maneaters x 2 – CLS, HA (180)
Slavegiant (175)

I wanted two units of ME but couldn't fit them any the Tyrant in. Slavegiant is flank support/shoot me sillyness.

Total Points: 3,000 (of 3,000)
Are you planning on attending this year's Fantasy 'Ard Boyz? What are you taking and why?

No comments: