StatCounter

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Beer Review - Anchor Brewing Our Special Ale 2016


Anchor Brewing Co. - Our Special Ale 2016

Beer Type: Winter Warmer - 6.50% ABV

Appearance: Squat Anchor style bottle with a festive tree on the label. Beer pours a dark brown/red color with not much head.

Smell:
 Roasted walnuts and slight banana?

First Drink:
 First up are dark malt flavors. Something a bit spiced as well.

Mouthfeel:
 Medium bodied and crisp carbonation on the tongue.

Last Drink:
 Bitter finish is coming out more now. A bit like coffee. Still plenty of malt and nutty banana flavors.

Drinkability:
 Different from previous years? Or my taste is all over? Who's to say for sure?

Notes:
 I reviewed this beer 3 years ago after I moved into this house I live in! A lot has changed in 3 years but I was surprised by how different this beer is from the 2013 version.

Verdict: 
4 out of 5. It's seasonal without being too in your face with the CHRISTMAS flavors. 

No comments: