StatCounter

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Beer Review - Alaskan Heritage Coffee Brown Ale




Alaskan Brewing Co. - Heritage Coffee Brown Ale


Beer Type: American Brown Ale - 7.00% ABV

Appearance: 12oz brown bottle labeled in the normal Alaskan style. Man I really dislike their font logo. Beer pours a dark amber/brown color with a thin head that didn't hang around.

Smell:
 Mostly I am getting a lot of malt as you would typically expect of a brown ale. Maybe just a bit of coffee in there too.

First Drink:
 Malt and sweetness followed by a slight coffee bitterness.

Mouthfeel:
 Thin but smooth and a bit sticky.  

Last Drink:
 More sweet malt flavors with very little coffee.    

Drinkability:
 Reminds me of another popular brown ale out there... *coughNEWCASTLEcough*  

Notes:
 First time I had this was on draft and I have to say I liked it much better. It had a bit more creamy body. Bottled it seems a bit thin and bland. Easy drinking though. 

Verdict: 
3.75 out of 5. If you enjoy brown or coffee ales give it a try. 

No comments: