It's that time again! Time to sit down and look at the year in review before planning some resolutions for the next year. So first let's see how I did this year on the resolutions I made in January 2011.
- Finish all the Blood Bowl teams I have started - FAIL?
I did manage to "finish" several teams - my Ogres, Vampires (which weren't even started when I made this pledge), Undead, Chaos Dwarfs, and the Amazons. I didn't finish two of the teams I had sitting around at the start of this pledge (Orcs and Lizardmen) but I am working on them now.
- Play on the tabletop more - FAIL
Gotta I don't think I managed to get down to the FLGS once for a game of WHFB. Crazy!! Such a failure!
- Stop buying and start painting more models - FAIL?
While I didn't buy as much as previous years, and I did immediately start assembling and painting most of what I did buy, I still bought new stuff and didn't paint as much as I would have liked.
- Don't start any new tabletop games - FAIL?
Bought a Necromunda gang and started assembling them to play with the local Blood Bowl folks. Never actually got any games in though...
- Be an even better sportsman - WIN
Small incremental improvements, and I still have ways to improve, but I definitely felt like more of a "good sport" while losing all of those Blood Bowl tournaments I attended. I even got a few "best game" votes!
- Get another four issues of the Bellower released - FAIL?
This It's really hard to do a good webzine with some regularity. Hats off to all of those out there still organizing and releasing them... I was not as good at it. Managed to get a few issues released and the Bellower has migrated to a blog which I count as a success on some level.
So 1 out of 6 resolutions isn't too bad right? Right!?
Ok thanks cats...
Here is a (hopefully) more attainable list for this year:
- Update the Bellower blog with "real" content at least once a week all year: I advocated for the switch, and I see a lot of potential, now I need to help build a strong web community in a secondary medium for the Stronghold. I will need help though! If you are reading this and wish to contribute in any way please let me know!
- Finish painting all of the Blood Bowl teams I have started: That means the Chaos, Lizardmen, and Orc teams all need attention. I am not counting the in limbo Khemri team I sort of started earlier this year.
- Play some WHFB somewhere, somehow: I know there are still folks playing at the FLGS and I haven't even touched the new Ogre Kingdoms book since it was released. With Vampire Counts on the way in January I have zero reason to not show up and play.
- Attend as many Blood Bowl tournaments as possible: I went to about a half dozen events this year and I hope to match or surpass that number this year. I am just starting to get "in" with the community so perhaps I won't have to be seen as a "noob" this time around.
- Paint more models then you buy: I know I won't go a whole year without buying any new models but I will strive to paint way more and buy a lot less! I do have my eyes on the new Vampire Counts Black Knights though...
Well I can't do much worse than I did last year, but that is still a pretty intense list. The focus is really on painting and playing games so it shouldn't be too hard to get done. We'll see how I fare when we review this again next year! What do you hope to achieve in your new year of hobby?