StatCounter

Monday, May 5, 2014

Progress Report 5/5/14 - Making It In May.

I am back! Spending a little more than two weeks on the road was not terribly good for my psyche and certainly not good for the progression of the various miniature projects I was working on. Fear not! I spent some time yesterday and today getting things going again. And here I have photographic evidence! 

First up... this converted Ogre Maneater is taking shape nicely. Just need to connect a chain from his hook-blade to his gutplate and get to priming! 


Nevermind that bit of dog hair... damn hairy bastard gets it all over the place. I am lucky there isn't more on my painting desk! The idea behind this Maneater is a sort of Giant rider/hunter. He uses his armored arm and chained weapon to hitch a ride on a passing Giant before climbing up and working with other Ogres to bring him crashing down! That is why he has some pokey bits on his back so when the Giant reaches for him he can duck down and stab it in the hand. It works sometimes...

Next up we have all of the Deadzone Rebs force I received in the KS. Working to have these painted up for ZlurpeeBowl weekend when I will be participating in a big Deadzone game with 7 other players (2 for each faction). Nevermind that I haven't played the game yet... that is just a small detail! First up I need to get all of these painted. 


These minis were a huge pain the arse to clean up. The mold lines are some of the worst I have ever seen on a plastic or resin mini. Eventually I kinda gave up and just went for the minimum acceptable level (for me). Some of the aliens were kind of a guessing game with parts too. On a scale of 1 to 10 for overall assembly I would give these guys a 6. Joints didn't fit cleanly without trimming, then they left gaps, mold lines right down the middle of faces and small details, and as I started basing them I noticed big gaps in the hole left for the mini to fit into. What a pain... 

This week I will be playing in Headbanger's Ball IV the annual metal themed Blood Bowl tournament in Illinois. Feeling the Ogre love right now (perhaps it is all the talk of bringing the Bellower back over at the Stronghold) and just want to get some fatties on the table. Plus what is more metal than a fat cannibal who loves hitting things and collecting bones?!

5 comments:

Paul O'G said...

Good luck at Headbangers!!!!

iemattias said...

d'oh! That sounds like an awesome tournament but I'm going camping this weekend! I gotta pay more attention...

Randroid said...

Don't feel too bad it was limited in space and sold out a week or so after it was announced!!

Chris said...

That ogre is a real BA, love the mohawk. You've won a Liebster. http://sippinonpaintwater.blogspot.com/2014/05/gots-me-liebster.html

Randroid said...

Wow thanks! I appreciate the recognition and glad to provide some kind of entertainment for ya!