StatCounter

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Beer Review - West Sixth Brewing Company IPA.

 
West Sixth Brewing Company - West Sixth IPA

Beer Type:
American IPA - 7.00% ABV

Appearance: Beer in a can! A nicely printed and colorful can. Beer poured a hazy-golden color with a nice fat lacy head.      

Smell: Hops and citrus are getting all up in my nose! I can smell a bit of caramel malt too.   

First Drink: Bitter, hoppy, and much sweeter than I had imagined it would be!    

Mouthfeel: Pretty darn thick for an IPA? A little sticky with nice carbonation on my tongue.    

Last Drink: Wishing for a little more hops now. The malt is a little too much but not too sweet.           

Drinkability:
I'd drink a six pack no problem.             

Notes: Grabbed this in Kentucky on my way home from Asheville NC on a visit last year.         

Verdict: 3.75 out of 5. Not bad but not as good as the IPA we make here in Michigan! 

2 comments:

iemattias said...

Nice! Thanks for the Liebster, by the way. I actually already got one, but I'll try and answer your questions too sometime soon.

Randroid said...

Ahhh late to the party as usual!! Don't feel obligated to or just answer a bunch of random questions maybe?!