StatCounter

Monday, March 25, 2013

Progress Report 3/25/13 - Stuck between a rock and a lobsterman's hard place.

What the heck!? March is almost over!? Where does the time go...

It has been a very busy few weeks here. Still finishing the new house buying process, still trying to get my Necromunda Goliath gang built up, still working on terrain, and now I have a new Lobsterman themed Halfling Blood Bowl team in the works?! All while trying to pack up all my stuff so I can move it to a new nerd cave? Oh yeah and I played in Headbanger's Ball III last weekend and took something like 5th with my Vampires. That was cool. 

On to the photos! First up we have some primed terrain that I want to paint. Added a couple more pieces since the last photos I posted.


Pretty happy with how they turned out. Can't remember who I stole the idea of staples as ladder rungs from but thanks for that! The super glue "rivets" are passable but not fantastic. Still some areas I could touch up but I am okay with the medium level of quality on these. 

Next up we have the miniature I am painting to add to the Big House! I figure a big dumb Ogre/Troll is just what the stands need with all those drunk Dwarfs hanging around.


Got this guy from Ramshackle Miniatures last year and have been wanting to paint him up for awhile. Didn't really have a reason to until now! Gotta figure out how to work in the Maize & Blue.

"But wait Randroid... you said something about a lobsterman's hard place!?" Why yes... yes I did. On a whim I picked up enough small Lobstermen from Tor to make a Halfling team for Blood Bowl. Got them in the mail and giddily ripped them open and started gluing them on bases.


The bigger Lobstermen are the "Treemen" of the team and they represent what the smaller fellows grow into (assuming they survive that long) later on. I have a special mini coming in the mail to represent Deeproot but I will save that for another day (it's a mini I have wanted a reason to paint since I first saw it). Got them all built and primed so I thought I would do a quick test model too...


Pretty happy with how this looks and it was super quick and easy to do. Might still add a bit of highlights to the back carapace but otherwise I think this is a go! Going to add some water to the bases later on but you can see my attempt at "faking it" with gloss varnish on this one. 

So that's what I have been up to! Oh... and also playing in a D&D 3.5 game too. I'll have some minis for that coming sometime soon. Tonight is the first game in the KUBBL 4 season and it's KRB against... ELVES. There will be blood, oh yes, there will be blood.

4 comments:

Paul O'G said...

Congrats on the 5th place - sweet!

Randroid said...

Thanks! I was very close to taking most TD and very close to third place but I lost badly in one game against the winner Fevin. Bloodlust was the kicker in that game... kept me from scoring 3 times!!!

Axtklinge said...

Wow, that's quite a nice bunch of projects!
Congrats for the 'Immortal' 5th place! Quite fitting for a Vamp team, and it would be a nice paint scheme too!

By the way, love those terrain pieces!
Cheers!

Turms said...

Very nice progress on many fronts!

I really like this lobsterman team idea! Fresh approach to the fluff of the team.