StatCounter

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Last Tournament here in Austin (for now??) - 2,250 Warriors of Chaos list.

Packing up and heading off to my last regular tournament here in Austin before I move. Goatboy was kind enough to lend me his Warriors of Chaos models to use for the event as all my models are packed up and ready to move. Based on the models he had access to I made this list to play:

LORDS: (400)
Chaos Lord – Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Rending Sword, Chaos Runeshield, Favor of the Gods, Soporific Musk, Bloodcurdling Roar (400)

HEROES: (726)
Chaos Sorcerer – Chariot, Level 2, Mark of Nurgle, Conjoined Homunculus, Black Tongue (310)
Chaos Sorcerer – Chariot, Level 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Infernal Puppet, Talisman of Protection (290)
Chaos Sorcerer(85) – Chaos Steed, Dispel Scroll (126)

CORE: (225)
Marauder Horsemen x 5 – Mark of Slaanesh (75)
Marauder Horsemen x 5 – Mark of Slaanesh (75)
Marauder Horsemen x 5 – Mark of Slaanesh (75)


SPECIAL: (485)
Chaos Knights x 5 – Mark of Slaanesh, Lances, Musician (245)
Chaos Knights x 5 – Mark of Khorne, Musician (240)

RARE: (410)
Hellcannon (205)
Hellcannon (205)

Total Points: 2,246 (of 2,250)

Pretty simple - run at enemy, bait with Marauders, kill with Knights and Chariots. The Hellcannons do all kinds of crazy stuff, usually eating something as they rampage across the board. I've played the list twice over the past two days and managed to win both games so I am looking forward to seeing what it can do against some of the nastier tournament lists today.

In other good (and exciting) news, I just received a call from the game store I am trying to secure a job at and they are interested in scheduling an interview for next week! Sadly it was for two days when I will still be in Austin or on the road to my new home in Kalamazoo, but after speaking with the owner he asked me to give him a call once I was back in town. Encouraging!

UPDATE:  It was a really fun last tournament here in Austin and the Warriors went 1-1-1.

First game was against High Elves with a lot of shooting and magic. Managed to squeeze out a Draw in the last few rounds with two great casts of Rot, Glorious Rot from my Nurgle Sorcerer.

Second game was against Vampire Counts and basically ended on Turn 2 when my Chaos Lord and Khorne Knights made it into his caster Vamp Lord's block. I finished off the Vamp Lord in CC and overran into his other main block with Lvl 2 casty Vamp. Meanwhile one Hellcannon kept a unit of Wraiths tied up while the other kept a nasty block of Black Knights with Hatred and Regen banners stuck on the far flank. Minor Victory for me in the end as he had a lot of points tied up in the Black Knight unit.

Third game was against the new Beastmen. It would have been an more interesting game but Slugtongue killed off half my army before the game began, dealing half wounds to the two Hellcannons, killing my Nurgle Sorc and severely wounding his Chariot, picking off some Knights, and erasing some Horsemen. The Hellcannons must have been pissed at this because on Turn 2 they misfired and I rolled the miscast misfire then used the Puppet to kill Slugtongue and another Level 2 Bray Shaman. Chaos Lord whiffed some important attacks on the Doom Bull and died in a challenge. Beware of Slugtongue!!!

No comments: