StatCounter

Saturday, February 13, 2010

The countdown begins.

You have no idea how hard it is for me not to make the name of this entry "the Final Countdown". I will spare you from that, although it may be too late for the song that is now stuck in your head.

Just about one week until the moving commences. Packing continues, working on my models and hobby stuff now. This leaves me with no time to paint or work on models. I would be more concerned about this but I dropped a unit of 20 Gnoblar Fighters from my Adepticon Team Tournament list so the painting pressure is lessened. I also recently got these objective markers/display board accessories "done" as well.



Argh! There are Gnoblars all over our Beer!!

I had fun assembling and posing these little dioramas, my favorite is the one levering a keg from the massive stack beneath himself. I need to finish the highlights and small details on the Gnoblars before I add some static grass - then they will be truly "done".

In other life related news, I still haven't managed to find someone to rent my house here in Austin, and I just applied for a Game Store Manager position back in Kalamazoo where I am moving. I would love to work in a game related retail environment, and hopefully build up a WHFB and tabletop scene in the area in the process. Here's hoping they like what they see from my resume and cover letter!

Until next time ... where ever I may be.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Just found my way here from the Trading Post, and I really like what I see. Ogres! May I ask where you got all those barrels from?

Randroid said...

Howdy! Glad you could make it ...

The barrels were something I picked up at the local gaming store. Some type of premade terrain pieces that I added paint to and based.

I can't recall the manufacturer but if I make it by there again I will try and find the name.