StatCounter

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Progress Report 3/4/17 - 52 Minis week 9 (more Malal)

Gotta have it. Gotta have more of that sweet, sweet, MALAL!!


I haven't really finished any backstory or fluff for this particular Chaos Warrior of Malal. He was a weapon snip/ex-Blood Bowl mini I saved from the pewter graveyard and gave new life. Added his sword and shield and painted him up in a decidedly black and white style to honor his patron deity. I really like the hidden layers of character on his mask and behind the shield. Menacing! 


Here is the group shot as it stands in the current progress... but we have some new additions on the way!


I picked this Chaos Chariot up in a trade some time ago and have struggled to find the right project for it (it doesn't look good with the newer Chaos minis). I slapped on a few extra bits and presto! We have some deadly wheeled reserves coming in for Malal. 

And what Malal force would be complete with out THE Daemon Prince. A mini I have been coveting for quite some time now...


You know him, you love him, but we won't use his name... because this will be a Daemon Prince of Malal and I don't know his name yet! This was the first larger "finecast" GW mini I have built and it went together very smoothly. The details look good though there were a few areas I had to clean up (on the tail mostly). 

But it's not all Daemon Princes around here! I'm running a game of Pathfinder tomorrow and felt inspired to bang up a quick mini for one of the players in the group. Behold... Frodsak the Half-Orc Ranger! 


Still finding ways to use my pile of Bones minis from a few years back. Added a couple small touches to make him more WYSIWIG and add some toughness. I've slapped a bit of paint on him since this photo but I don't have a new image to share. You'll just have to come back next time to see it all finished! Til then...

No comments: