StatCounter

Monday, January 16, 2012

The vampires are here, the vampires are here!

More accurately the Skeletons (or skeledudes as some might say) are here. The only new models I cared to buy out of the new range (as I still have plenty of skeletons, grave guard, and converted black knights to paint) - the new Black Knight/Hexwraith box, the new plastic Wight King, and the new Finecast Krell. Also grabbed the new book and a set of magic cards. 


The "haul" in all of it's "glory"...

I've only flipped through the new book but from what I can see it's another solid 8th edition army book release. Nothing too overpowered, lots of cool art and illustrations, and some interesting "fluff" to tie it all up. Best of all it seems my 7th edition army ideas have panned out for this new book and I will be able to build a functional and fun list based on the models I like instead of the models that are "good". Exciting! 

I am looking forward to building the new Black Knights to mix in with my current conversions, and I have some ideas on converting the Wight King into a BSB, but I am a little nervous about my first piece of Finecast. The Krell model looks great though... totally the bad ass skeleton warrior look I dig for my Wight King. But before I can allow myself to dig into any of these new toys I need to complete the painting work on my table - the Lizardmen Blood Bowl team I started earlier this month! 

The shiny new things... are calling me.... from the grave...

3 comments:

SpaceCowboy said...

Great stuff there, still waiting for my book and magic cards to arrive. Didn't buy any models yet though.

Looking forward seeing what you can do with them.

tdriscoll97 said...

Not going with the Mortis Engine?

Randroid said...

Nay. No Mortis engines for me...