StatCounter

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Beer Review - Thirsty Dog Old Leghumper.



Thirsty Dog Brewing Company - Old Leghumper

Beer Type: American Porter

Appearance: 12 oz. brown bottle with a dog and some legs on the bottle which seems appropriate given the name. This is a nice dark beer with just a hint of red in it when viewed through the light. Medium off-white head after the pour sits in the glass about an inch thick.

Smell: Classic "dark" aromas with chocolate malt, coffee, and some dried fruit lingering in the background.

First Drink: Not as much coffee or chocolate as the nose would have you believe. Reminds me more of a stout than a porter.

Mouthfeel: Pretty smooth, not a lot of carbonation here. Left my mouth feeling a bit sticky and dry.

Last Drink: More of the bitter coffee and alcohol coming through as the beer warms up. Nice and warming.

Drinkability: Already had a few and I could easily see myself drinking a few more.

Notes: First beer I have had from this brewery and I look forward to trying some more!

Verdict: 4 out of 5. A solid porter made not too far from where I live. Nice.

1 comment:

Paul O'G said...

Good one! I too like a nice porter