StatCounter

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Progress Report 4/17/11 - Painting dem greenskins.

Managed to get some test scheme paint on the two Orc lineman for my Blood Bowl team. Still toying with the idea of adding some battle damaged paint to the armor. I kind of like them as is though... learning how to paint green skin and yellow cloth has been tricky. Maybe add a colored stripe down the helmet?

 

I feel like I have so much to learn about painting but not as much interest in getting myself to the next level. I suppose a medium-quality is all I really want for the tabletop anyhow. Thoughts?

4 comments:

The Antipope said...

Well, as you said they are decent enough for a tabletop standard. I think you've drybrushed them too much though and they appear to be very dusty. Maybe a wash could tone down the effect a bit.

I think battle damage on the helmet would look great and it would be easy as pie to do. And your post reminds me I got to paint my orc BB team as well...

Randroid said...

Right after I posted these pics I thought the same thing... not sure how the ended up so dusty.

I gave them a thin glaze of the green to bring that down which helped a lot.

The Antipope said...

Cool! I think you should give a blown glaze on the leather parts too for the shame effect :)

Tristan said...

I think the pants could get away with being dusty. I do think they could use a touch of colour - I like your idea about the stripe on the helmets. Gotta say I love the tooth bar style helmets.