StatCounter

Friday, April 22, 2011

Beer Review - Magic Hat Roxy Rolles.

Still working through a back log of beer reviews...



Magic Hat Brewing Company - Roxy Rolles

Beer Type: American Amber/Red Ale

Appearance: 12 oz. brown bottle with a red Magic Hat label featuring a biker of some sort. Beer is a nice light brown color with a thick off-white head.

Smell: Plenty of hops along with some malt as well. Smells like what I have come to expect a red ale to smell like!

First Drink: Plenty of the caramel malt followed quickly by some spicy hops.

Mouthfeel: A little oily but the overall sensation is smooth.

Last Drink: More of the floral hops comes through but I am also getting something a bit "stale" and bitter. Not liking it.

Drinkability: This is a Fall seasonal I am drinking in the Winter. Reminds me more of a Bock or Doppelbock than a Red or Amber ale.

Notes: Might just be a bit old, wish I had a chance to try this when it was more fresh.

Verdict: 3 out of 5. Some interesting flavors going on but not all of them are ones I like.

1 comment:

S-Low said...

I find this to be the case with most Magic Hats: full of interesting and not-unpleasent flavors... but just not drinkable enough for me to wish I had a case in the fridge.

I do find that #9 is good for cozying up to snobby girls...