StatCounter

Monday, March 23, 2015

Progress Report 3/23/15 - Slow build to a quick decline.

Almost  a month since my last update. Most of that time has been spent working at my new job but in the times when I am not sleeping or working I have been steadily building up my Mordheim terrain and minis for our current gaming fixation. 

First up I needed some Zombies to add to my Undead warband - Corin's Heroes. 


Then I jumped on to the terrain making train and got started on my first Mordheim terrain... an abandoned watchtower (with dirty watering hole). 

Started with some foamcore with the paper removed for the top.
Then I sculpted some sculpy around a carboard tube.
Beastman for scale with the roof on.
Added some pink foam stone for the tower top.
The view from above the tower.
Based it on this old lid with a space left open for water effects.
Should look nice once I finish painting it!
I have a few other terrain pieces in mind but next up I will probably just make some various rubble and ruin piles before I tackle another full on building.

Bitten by the bug I have also started work on another warband... the Witch Hunters! First up we needed a couple of Flagellants. I made these out of a few different bodies and heads and zombie bits I had laying around with some small greenstuff additions. I think they turned out nice!


Then we needed a Witch Hunter Captain to lead the warband and I just happened to have one sitting around for a few years now. A great model so no additions needed aside from a skull on the base of course. This is a miniature I got from Gorgon Studios at Adepticon 2010. 


Next we needed a Warrior Priest and I had this gut sitting in my Bones box who fit the bill quite nicely (even if he does have a little too much hair). 


And while rummaging through the Bones I found three different yet similar Witch Hunters to join the warband. Still working out their backstory but I think they are three sisters who all have their own reasons to be hunting out those who are tainted. 


And finally a couple of Zealots for inclusion later on down the road. A pack mule sort and a really excited young lad (who is from the Middenheim range for Mordheim I think?).


Just need to get a few dogs built and based on this one is well on the way... leaving me room to work on the Possessed one next! 

Also managed to get in two additional games of Mordheim this week and I hope to play one or two more today! Photos and details on those to come later this week... I promise!

No comments: