StatCounter

Monday, February 16, 2015

Beer Review - Left Hand Brewing The Stranger Pale Ale.

Speaking of strangers... 



Left Hand Brewing Company - The Stranger Pale Ale

Beer Type: American Pale Ale - 5.00% ABV

Appearance: 12 brown bottle with the shadowy stranger on the label. Makes me think of Repairman Jack by F. Paul Wilson (and not the other "stranger" sometimes associated with the left hand). Wonder if it is supposed to? Beer is a golden-straw color with a nice fluffy beige head that leaves lots of lace. Bubbly! A pretty looking beer.  

Smell: A light malted aroma and something a bit woody? Maybe it's just all the yardwork I was doing before drinking this beer.        

First Drink: Light like the smell, a bit of citrus hops comes out, also a bit of grassy flavor.  

Mouthfeel: Quite nicely carbonated. I would say it's pretty light otherwise.     

Last Drink: More bready malt coming out now and the hops finish is quite nice.         

Drinkability: I wouldn't kick it out of my fridge but the price for this beer is a bit hefty for the flavor it brings when compared to more local MI brews.         

Notes: People swear by Left Hand but I haven't been very excited about their beers. It's well made but nothing mind blowing.        

Verdict: 3.5 out of 5. I like the way it looks in this pint glass and I like the label. Beer's okay too!

No comments: