StatCounter

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Progress Report - Ogre Tyrant Karnov WIP.



Karnov! Ahhhhhh!!

I have been putting off finishing this big guy for a while now but I thought it was time to share a WIP picture of my Tyrant. I have only applied a base coat with a few highlights, need to work on the details and finishing touch(ups) before I seal the model. He is quite big. Large and in charge as they say...

Speaking of large, here is a review of one big beer from my favorite brewery Stone!

Stone Brewing Company - Stone Levitation Ale

Beer Type: American Amber / Red Ale

Appearance: 12 oz. brown bottle with a hovering silver devil on it, plus a bunch of awards (2007 Gold Medal Winner at the Great American Beer Festival). Poured reddish ambler color with a thin off-white head.

Smell: A lot of hops, some citrus, and lots of sweet malt.

First Drink: Sweet and not too bitter with hints of citrus and a sort of cereal/grain flavor.

Mouthfeel: Smooth and full-bodied like most Stone brews.

Last Drink: A lot more of the malts with a lingering sweetness and a bitter finish.

Drinkability: A good beer but not my favorite Stone brew.

Notes: This beer is good and well crafted but I think I may not like Red Ale that much if this is any indicator of the style.

Verdict: 4 out of 5

Links: Beer Advocate and Stone Brewing Company.

3 comments:

Boss Salvage said...

Looking pretty huge! On his open hand, is that the forearm off the trollblood Impaler? Love that model myself, use him for my hunter ;D

- Salvage

Randroid said...

Nope - it is all sculpted with the exception of the head and most of the Gnoblar (plus a few of the various bits).

Anonymous said...

That looks pretty cool. I like the way you have managed to give the body that 'made out of pudding' look some larger people have.