StatCounter

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Off to another tournament I go!

Saturday is the day for FIGHTING!!

I am off to join the masses of sweaty nerds at BattleForge Games for my first WHFB "Heavy" Tournament. I was originally planning on bringing Ryan's Dirty Stunty Shootahs (aka Dwarfs) but after a couple practice games with the list I decided to go for fun and take the Beer Gut Tribe. Plus I will get to show off my new Tyrant model this way!

Here is the list I am using.

LORDS:
Tyrant – Heavy Armor, Cathayan Longsword, Luck Gnoblar, Sword Gnoblar x 2, Beastkiller, Wyrdstone Necklace, Greatskull, Jade Lion (331)

This Tyrant is loosely based on the build Wildcard has posted for his 2,000 point list, but I am taking Yhetees so I needed to drop the Greyback Pelt. The Greatskull is there for the Armor Save and also to make people even less likely to cast at the big unit with MR 2 and miscasts on double 1, 2 and 3s. I am still tempted to drop the Beastkiller bigname for Mawseeker, but I do want some way of dealing with monsters.

HEROES:
Butcher – Hand Weapon, Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll (180)
Bruiser – Ogre Club, Heavy Armor, Ironfist, Luck Gnoblar, Sword Gnoblars x 2, Mawseeker, Greedy Fist (199)
Bruiser – BSB, Lookout Gnoblar, Ogre Club, Heavy Armor, Sword Gnoblars x 2, Mawseeker, Gnoblar Thiefstone x 2 (214)

These guys are all utility based. Greedy fist is for punching wizards down and the Thiefstones are for the MR. Mawseeker should make them a little harder to hit, but they will all be in the front line anyway. Went with the club and Ironfist for the slightly higher Armor save on Mr. Fist. Butcher is just a scroll caddy and extra dispel dice. If he gets off some buffs on the big block or Ironguts .. GREAT! I don't expect that to happen though. I am a little worried about my lack of magic weapons, but I hope I can out CR any Ethereal troops I run into ???

CORE:
Bulls x 7 - Bellower, Standard, Lookout Gnoblar (280)
Ironguts x 4 - Bellower (202)
Ironguts x 3 - Bellower (154)
Gnoblar Fighters x 20 (40)
Gnoblar Trappers x 10 (60)

Pretty straight forward stuff. Put the Tyrant and Bruisers in the main Bull unit (in a 2 x 5 formation), run the Butcher behind or in the 3 model IG unit. The 10th trapper is there for a spare 6 points I had. Fighters will most likely be used for table quarters are as a flank speedbump.

SPECIAL:
Yhetees x 3 (195)
Leadbelchers x 2 (110)
Leadbelchers x 2 (110)

I don't really like any of these troops but I have the models and I need something to field. Maybe I can get away without misfiring all my Leadies to death every game!!

RARE:
Slavegiant (175)

I love this big guy. If I had two models I would drop the Yhetees or some Leadies for another one in a second.

Total Points: 2,250 (of 2,250)

I just lined up the big Bull/Bruiser/Tyrant unit on my worktable and it looked quite impressive! I am hoping to use this bit of psychological warfare to my advantage and take a few Ogre Kingdoms newbs by surprise.

Before I take my tribe to war, here are a few pictures of another Irongut to remember them by.




No comments: