StatCounter

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Progress Report - 12/24/08.

Well here are again. I didn't lose my job (yet) so the Warhammer must continue! In the past few days I have managed to finish the painting of my Ironguts (with a lot of swearing and touch-ups) and I am ready to dip them before finishing the basing.

So today I plan to:
- Dip the Ironguts and my Bangstick Butcher.
- Base the next batch of models.
- Prime the next batch of models (based on my two 1000 point lists).
- Possibly base and prime my Slayers.

Tomorrow is Christmas! Tomorrow is the day I will received a Battalion box for my next army project! What will it be? Who knows! The suspense is killing me.

Sorry for the scatterbrained approach to this post. I am feeling a bit crazy from so much time off. Here is a review of a holiday brew to get you in the xmas mood!


Breckenridge Brewery - Christmas Ale

Beer Type: Winter Warmer

Appearance: 12 oz. brown bottle with a festive holiday label. I like the font choice! Poured a dark brown-red color with a thin head that faded.

Smell: Hops, a little bit of malt and some spices? Something darker there too, like a coffee or chocolate.

First Drink: Hops and yeast. This is a fairly "heady" beer. Sweet with hints of chocolate as well.

Mouthfeel: Moderate carbonation and a nice medium weight in my mouth.

Last Drink: More of a lingering woody flavor with a long bitter finish (although not unpleasant).

Drinkability: Wow! 7.4% ABV. I guess that is part of the definition for "winter warmer". I feel warm and jolly!

Notes: Not sure but I think this may be the first Breckenridge brew I have reviewed. I like this beer.

Verdict: 4.25 out of 5. So far this is my winner for a "holiday" ale.

Links: Beer Advocate and Breckenridge Brewery.

No comments: