StatCounter

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Progress Report - 10/26/08.

Time flies! It was a busy week for me, but not in the Warhammer sense. I didn't find time to accomplish any of my WHFB goals but I did manage to secure a tabletop that was missing legs. One trip to the hardware store, some cheap MDF prefab pieces, a couple bolts, a drill, and plenty of swearing later I had myself a gaming table.



Total cost: about $15.00, give or take a few cents. It isn't the best piece of furniture I have ever owned but it beats a couple of sawhorses and a piece of wood. The next step is to build some modular boards which I can place on top of the table to play on.

In case you were wondering that is my dog Udo chewing on his bone, and that is my Arnold Palmer picture on the wall. Best not to ask about that.

Not much else to update, so here is a review of another tasty Stone beer!

Stone Brewing Company - Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale

Beer Type: American Strong Ale

Appearance: 12 oz. brown bottle with the Arrogant Bastard devil on it. Poured a dark amber color with a tan head.

Smell: Strong smells, lots of malts and hops in addition to something a bit flowery. Not as hoppy as the regular Arrogant Bastard.

First Drink: Smooth, with a lot of woody hops flavor. Like the regular AB there is a lot going on here. Quite complex.

Mouthfeel: Smooth with just the right amount of carbonation. Maybe I am recalling the AB too much but I remember it being a much "rougher" beer where as this is just right.

Last Drink: Darker flavors are noticeable now. Something more along the lines of a brown ale with the wood undertones.

Drinkability: Great! I like it better than the regular Arrogant Bastard to be sure (but maybe not as much as the Double Bastard?). I miss the really strong hop flavors of the original but the oak adds something this beer gets along with nicely.

Notes: Great brewery, and another great beer. "You're not worthy" is the slogan and in some ways I would have to agree. A fine brew and I think I will have another one right now!

Verdict: 4.75 out of 5

Links: Beer Advocate and Stone Brewing Company.

No comments: