StatCounter

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Progress report 6/17/08.

The past two weeks have been incredibly busy for me and I have not had any time to devote to my poor, lonely models. I spent the majority of the first week planning for a move which then did not happen. Instead of moving out I rearranged my apartment to make more room for the enormous amount of stuff I have. I am still in the process of getting rid of a great deal of things that I do not actively use, and take up a lot of space. I did manage to create a workspace for my modeling activities, and a temporary storage solution for the already assembled works in progress.

I managed to find time to play a team game last Tuesday with my drunken mountain brothers the Dwarfs, against the cowardly vermin and stinking greenskins. It was a 1000 point game split between two teammates and I fielded the following army list:
Bruiser: 130
- Great Weapon: 8
- Heavy Armor: 4
- Brace of Handguns: 12
- Wyrdstone Necklace: 20
Total: 174 pts

Bulls x 3: 105
- Extra Hand Weapon: 12
Bulls x 3: 105
- Extra Hand Weapon: 12
Total: 234 pts

Maneater: 80
- Heavy Armor: 4
- Brace of Handguns: 6
Total: 90 pts

Total Points: 498
The basic idea with this list was to run diversion against the many large units of Rats. Orcs and Goblins while my Dwarf brothers shot them to tiny pieces using the following list:
Master Engineer : 70
- Brace of Pistols: 10
Total: 80

Thunderers x 10: 140
- Shields : 10
Total: 150

Quarrelers x 10: 110
- Great Weapons: 20
- Rangers: 10
Total: 140

Bolt Thrower: 45
-Rune of Penetration: 25
Total: 70

Bolt Thrower: 45
- Engineer: 15
Total: 60

Total Points: 500
The enemy units consisted of a wide mix of Chariots, Infantry, Fast Cavalry, and War Machines which made deployment a bit tricky. Sadly I did not take notes during the battle, but I do remember one group of Bulls getting run down after fleeing a charge, and the other group killing many a Rat before finally being killed off. Meanwhile my hammer unit of the Bruiser and Maneater diverted some of the more costly O&G units to the edge of the playing field where the remained for the majority of the game before finally being crushed after refusing a challenge from the Bruiser, and shot to pieces by the Quarrelers and Thunderers. At the end of the 6 turns we had only lost the two Bull units and had decimated the enemy. We scored a solid victory and were just a few points shy of a massacre. All in all it was a great game and I look forward to playing more team games with my northern brothers in the future.

Sadly, today that will not be the case. I am playing a 1000 point game against the Dwarfs, and I expect to see a list much similar to the one brought against our enemies in the last game. I have decided to run a modified version of a previous 1000 point list, this time with an emphasis on Bulls instead of Ironguts. Here's hoping I can manage to smash those stunties to bits and steal all of their ale!

Look for a battle report on this match in the near future (as soon as I can find some time!).

No comments: