StatCounter

Monday, March 30, 2009

Back from Prague, Ready to Paint.

Well I have managed to make it back to the United States in one piece. It was a long journey (about 17 hours all told) but it feels great to be back home. I had a wonderful time in the Czech Republic, and I would love to visit again sometime in the future (in fact I may have to do so for business again in a few months). I have lots of pictures and stories to tell, but none of those really relate to the subject of this gnoblog with the exception of one - BEER.



I didn't accomplish anything Warhammer related while I was in Prague (aside from finishing a couple of the Horus Heresy novels) but I did have quite a few of these little beauties. Beer (or Pivo as it is called in Czech) is quite plentiful in the city, and you can find it in almost every place you go. It costs less than water or soda, and in some cases it is almost half the price! With deals like that (the drink above probably cost $1.50 to $2.00 on average) how could I not have one with every meal?!

Now that I am back in the US I plan on drinking less and painting more. I hope to have my entire 2,250 list for Capital City Carnage assembled and painted by the end of next month. So far that has meant working on the assembly of my Scraplauncher, and the completion of my 2,250 list (which is due by 4/1). There is quite a bit of work to do on the painting front, but I feel confident I will be able to accomplish my goal with time to spare (we'll see how I feel in a few weeks).

Now I am off to wash my heaps of dirty laundry and curse this damn Scraplauncher model while I try to keep it together (by far one of the worst models I have assembled so far). Wish me luck!

No comments: