StatCounter

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More Drinkin' less Modelin'?

Well today was a pretty crappy day. I was told at 4pm that the company I have been working for the last 3 years is going to be doing some layoffs. They didn't say who it would be, or what the exact details were. I am to return to the office tomorrow afternoon at a specific time when I will presumably discover what my employment fate will be.

No job equals no money. No money equals bad times. Bad times equals no Warhammer or models.

I really hope things work out for the best, but just like my WHFB I am planning for the worst. Speaking of the "worst" ... here is a review for a fairly mediocre Holiday brew I had today.



Spoetzl Brewery - Shiner Holiday Cheer

Beer Type: Dunkelweizen

Appearance: 12 oz. brown bottle with a festive (and slightly German) holiday label. Poured a dark amber color with a thick off-white head.

Smell: Peaches! A lot of peaches.

First Drink: There are the peaches. It is supposed to be a peach and pecan brew but all I get is the peaches. At least it tastes like real peaches and not some kind of fake flavoring.

Mouthfeel: Classic Shiner feel, almost like a soda.

Last Drink: I can just barely make out the pecans and a little bit of hops, but mostly it is still a peach party.

Drinkability: Uhh ... not a huge peach fan so I doubt I will be going back to this one (plus it is a limited edition holiday release).

Notes: What do peaches have to do with the holidays!? This beer isn't bad, it just seems too weird for it's own good.

Verdict: 3 out of 5. It isn't bad if you like peaches.

Links: Beer Advocate and Spoetzl Brewery.

No comments: